Vmware 4.5.2 + Suse9.1 Pro + Windoze Issue

Discuss Applications
cdhgold
administrator
administrator

Vmware 4.5.2 + Suse9.1 Pro + Windoze Issue

Post by cdhgold »

I'm running Suse 9.1 pro with all current patches and Vmware 4.5.2 .. I am trying to install win2k pro as a guest OS. The Vmware install and vmware-config.pl both go smoothly no problems. The w2k install goes smoothly until I reach the point of entering the COA. No matter what COA I enter even one I have used before and is a known good COA it tells me COA is invalid. I have tried suing both NTFS and FAT32 as file system types. I have also tried installing w2k3 server and get same issue.

I have a friend who has done same thing of Suse9.1pro as host and Microcrap as Guest OS with no problems. I tried posting this message in vmware forums and have had no response for over a week.

Please help

Chris

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main »

Wow, if they don't know on the VMware site I don't think I could be of any help. Although I don't use VMware anymore I have never had such a problem when did run it. I assume you have tried installing on it's own partition as a test and it worked just fine (to verify your numbers)? I'm glad I don't have to use anything that requires me to put numbers in before I can use it. :)