Need input for a VERY good appliaction

Discuss Applications
Basher52
guru
guru

Need input for a VERY good appliaction

Post by Basher52 »

I was wondering if someone knows a VERY good program for starting a...
hmm what can I call it... not a forum.

...well im supposted to use it as a place we're people can send in their
Tips&Tricks, CodeSnippets etc for different types of development tools,
like: php, java, asp, C++, C#, etc etc

I know there are some good out there since I've been into alot of them and grabbed some nice code I've used and I really dont think they are for Winblows IIS.

The installation gotta be easy or at least have a good info about it, like what its dependent on.
The search has to be good too, because if the volume gets big we need to find the correct tip/code fast.
It should also be able to accept me to create groups of some sort to devide it all into logical sections.
GUI would be best in an INet-browser.
oh, I allmost forgot... some sort of permission/access handling too, since some people are gonns be like admins, mods and "ordinary" users... like where the upload can be done/by who.
It may sound like a normal forum, but thats no good, since i dont want people to paste code or whatever into a post... these i want in one place for good overview.

The OS gotta be Linux of course but which one doesn't really matter, hopefully some Ive tried or are using(using FCx right now).

B52 :)

Calum
guru
guru

Post by Calum »

so, are you looking for a content management system? like drupal for example?

have a look at http://drupal.org/ and see if it's the kind of thing you want. if not, then sorry to misunderstand you! :-)

Basher52
guru
guru

Post by Basher52 »

ill check that out :)
thx