DVDs

Discuss Applications
Calum
guru
guru

DVDs

Post by Calum »

so what do i need to burn DVDs anyway then? I already have a DVDRW drive, but i've never used it to burn DVDs. I am sure there must be somebody here who's burnt off a DVD so what do i do.

sorry, this may seem like an incredibly dumb question, but i don't mind if you don't! in the words of someone: "there are no stupid questions, just stupid people".

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main »

I use K3B, or if you are just burning an ISO GNOME has a nice burner. Right click on the ISO and it should give you the option to burn it. I probably should have asked what kind of DVD you want to burn, data or video? K3B does just about everything.

Calum
guru
guru

Post by Calum »

hmm, didn't expect it to be that simple. i usually usa xcdroast for burning CDs, tried the others but they all seem to lack functionality to me (but clearly not to the majority of others). But i had heard you need to import some key or whatever to burn DVDs in XCDRoast.

basically it's just data DVDs i'm needing to do, either downloaded isos (like a fedora install dvd for example) or data backups (so i'd need to be able to parcel them up into an ISO, which i currently do with XCDRoast, but i am sure it's a simple process from a command prompt).

Okay thanks, now i know it's easy, that's a better incentive!