Way to block access by country

Discuss Applications
Basher52
guru
guru

Way to block access by country

Post by Basher52 »

Is there a way to block access by knowing what country the IP comes from?
I've seen a few but which one should I chose by all these around and the ones I googled out seems kinda old too. Got no names of them them all.

This one seems good though:
http://www.wains.be/index.php/2006/01/1 ... -machines/

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main »

Looks like you could use the script from that link to generate some IP tables rules and do what you want. It's not something I would do.

Basher52
guru
guru

Post by Basher52 »

and why not?
I've seen some small "checking" of port 80 from China, Korea, Greece, Turkey and so on and it's not a full web page browse cos that will produce alot more firewall logging.
Thinks it's a scan or something and since this is gonna be a Swedish web shop only...

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main »

Would you like it if I blocked Sweden? :) Laws don't stop bad internet traffic. Most of the crap INET traffic I get comes from virus infested Windows machines right here in my good old home country the USA. :) I have people from just about every country looking at my WRT54G stuff so I don't want to block legit people.

Basher52
guru
guru

Post by Basher52 »

well when you put it that way.
we all know that is winblows that creates like 99.5% or so of all spam/hack/wutever and its probably made by 12 year old kids that cant code anything, they just got some scripts from someone or google'd it.

OK... ill go your way, ill keep it open :)

PS. you can block all from Sweden as long as you let me in :P