Painless windos emulator

Discuss Applications
bazoukas
programmer
programmer

Painless windos emulator

Post by bazoukas » Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:06 pm

http://www.netraverse.com/
A friend of mine used it and he swears its easier than wearing your shoes. I just got a hold of it.

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main » Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:46 pm

Oh Win4lin, I didn't recognize the name Netraverse. I use VMware when I absolutely have to start Windows for some reason (extremly rare) but I believe VMware is a lot more expensive than Win4lin.

bazoukas
programmer
programmer

Post by bazoukas » Tue Apr 22, 2003 8:42 pm

The guy told me that if you use the trial version of it after 90 hours of use (cant remember the exact number of hours) the program gives you a promt telling you to shut down the application. But its not a bigie.
He said you close it and launch it again with no problem what soever till the 90 hours expire,and all over again.

Calum
guru
guru

Post by Calum » Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:46 am

win4lin? i have a version from 1 1/2 years ago that i never installed (i also have a vmware from around then that i never installed) simply because they both require me to actually install windows. i don't have that space to waste again, especially since i already have a windows on my drive. still if it works then great.

personally i find wine and dosemu are fine (but then i have little patience for them and i think the only program i ever ran 100% well was visicalc!), anything they can't handle can either be done in linux (anything really), or can be rebooted into windows for (like my girlfriend wants to practice using excel and powerpoint for her work).

anyway, sorry to go off on one. if i have time and disk space one day i will eventually try win4lin, probably my old battered copy from 2001 in fact!