Installing kfm, gdm, windowmaker et cetera

Discuss Applications
Calum
guru
guru

Installing kfm, gdm, windowmaker et cetera

Post by Calum »

ok, at the moment i have one partition where i have installed peanut linux. peanut linux appears to only come with xdm, and it also appears not to have any desktop environment except enlightenment and i haven't found a file manager in there yet.
of course i could easily install mc, nautilus et c, but i really want to see if i can get kfm working on this system. i also would like to use gdm or kdm instead of xdm, or sles i would like some way of adding the 'session' and 'shutdown' buttons to xdm. also, i'd like to install windowmaker and probably a *box or two, in addition to the enlightenment that is there already.

by the looks of things it is possible to install kfm, by installing the Qt libraries and then the stuff from kdebase, but i'm a little unclear on how it all fits together, if possible i really only want enough stuff to run kfm and kdm and not a lot else.

so, this isn't going to happen in any hurry but i reckon this is what i'll be doing in the next week or three, anybody got any input?