/bin/sh: bad interpreter: Permission denied

Discuss Applications
Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main »

Calum wrote:1) oh. i haven't done that, i haven't downloaded anything from slackware.com except a few X apps, so if it's not on the slack CD then i don't have it. this may be a problem.

2) i've not been using that partition as a system partition, the system partition is /dev/hda7 and it is ext3, the partition i am working on is /dev/hda6 and it is ext2, made using slackware's mke2fs, could this be a problem? probably not, since it wsounds like the above problem is the real problem...
1) The GLIBC headers should indeed be on your slackware CD but I don't recall off the top of my head which package they are in. You might search this forum for my thread with m0r about GLIBC and slackware, it would be there.

2) If you created an ext2 partition and mounted it using default options it should work just fine. If you did not use default options, which options did you use to mount it? What does "mount | grep hda6" say? And there is plenty of room in it right?

[edit]
It's on the "d" series, specifically "d1":
http://www.slackware.com/packages/index ... 6&series=d
[/edit]
Last edited by Void Main on Thu May 08, 2003 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Calum
guru
guru

Post by Calum »

1) well, i installed literally everything on the slackware CD so it should all be okay, yes?

2) i am not at home right now, but from memory it's mounted with the following options: defaults,users,exec,rw and it has roughly 2.5 gigs on it, of course the source packages i have stuck on there take up about 120MB and bash probably takes up another 30MB or so when untarred, but that still leaves plenty... :? :? :?

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main »

Calum wrote:1) well, i installed literally everything on the slackware CD so it should all be okay, yes?

2) i am not at home right now, but from memory it's mounted with the following options: defaults,users,exec,rw and it has roughly 2.5 gigs on it, of course the source packages i have stuck on there take up about 120MB and bash probably takes up another 30MB or so when untarred, but that still leaves plenty... :? :? :?
1) Reread my previous note (I edited it while you were posting), it's in the "d1" package so yes you should have it installed if you installed everything.

2) You should just have the keyword "defaults" in your fstab and not all that other garbage (user, exec, etc). "exec" and "rw" would be a default but "user" would not. I guess if you need "user" then leave that one.

Calum
guru
guru

Post by Calum »

well, back to the old drawing board then...

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main »

Well, I'm hoping someone else who's running Slackware will be able to help you out because I really don't want to have to install Slackware to try and duplicate the problem. :)

Calum
guru
guru

Post by Calum »

you don't have to do anything of the sort! i am grateful to you for taking it this far to be honest!

no i will just continue to fiddle with it. i am an incorrigible fiddler so i will just keep going and see what i can come up with.