Port Forwarding

Discuss Networking
JoeDude
administrator
administrator

Port Forwarding

Post by JoeDude »

Here we go again...

Recently I actually fugged my box up enough I actually had to reinstall linux (SuSE to be precise)...which by the way I found to be much more cooperative in KDE than GNOME...anyway, I found the source of that problem. It seems my 14 month old daughter finds it really entertaining to flip the master power switch on and off on my power base...FINALLY an effective way a user can crash linux is discovered.

Back on topic ass monkey....

recently reinstalling Overnet/EDonkey2k has proven easy...then I fire it up. I show the gui where the core is and it effectively tells me I have a firewall...or something, the message so kindly states...which is preventing the donkey from connecting to the core. I read all of the How too's and it has an excellent section on setting it up. Then you get to the part about DSL through a router. Useless...all it says is to forward the port 4662 to the router. and if that doesn't work then visit thier forums to get help from Overnet users worldwide...I have never seen anyone on that forum. There are several things discussed, but my post is going on 2 weeks now with 0 response. Any clue as to how to do this anyone? And, how do I check the SuSE firewall? I can't find it anywhere, and SuSE help has all kinds of great documentation on it, but doesn't say where it is.

Tux
guru
guru

Re: Port Forwarding

Post by Tux »

American CeNsOrEd wrote:Here we go again...

Recently I actually fugged my box up enough I actually had to reinstall linux (SuSE to be precise)...which by the way I found to be much more cooperative in KDE than GNOME...anyway, I found the source of that problem. It seems my 14 month old daughter finds it really entertaining to flip the master power switch on and off on my power base...FINALLY an effective way a user can crash linux is discovered.

Back on topic ass monkey....

recently reinstalling Overnet/EDonkey2k has proven easy...then I fire it up. I show the gui where the core is and it effectively tells me I have a firewall...or something, the message so kindly states...which is preventing the donkey from connecting to the core. I read all of the How too's and it has an excellent section on setting it up. Then you get to the part about DSL through a router. Useless...all it says is to forward the port 4662 to the router. and if that doesn't work then visit thier forums to get help from Overnet users worldwide...I have never seen anyone on that forum. There are several things discussed, but my post is going on 2 weeks now with 0 response. Any clue as to how to do this anyone? And, how do I check the SuSE firewall? I can't find it anywhere, and SuSE help has all kinds of great documentation on it, but doesn't say where it is.
You need to use an older version of the overnet core. The newest version wont work with ed2k-gtk-gui until they fix it. So just roll back overnet an it should be dandy.
Also, regarding the child why not dicconnect the power switch?
Or wire up a cheap lock so that you break the power button connection with a key whilst you need the machine on.

JoeDude
administrator
administrator

Post by JoeDude »

Fixed, thanx. It was in fact

THE CORE

Now to work on that busy daughter thing...

X11
guru
guru

Post by X11 »

Kid causing downtime....

im getting my balls cut off