Windoze box hosting linux box....

Discuss Networking
orion78
user
user

Windoze box hosting linux box....

Post by orion78 »

I am currently running fedora and the other pc on my network is a windoze box (win2k). We are are hooked through netgear switch and we also have a surfboard cable modem. The windoze box is setup to host me and yet I cannot figure out what I should do on my end to get the internet working. I have two nics in my pc..one is active and the other I have unplugged because I use to host the windoze box when I was running wiindoze. I was hoping that someone could offer a suggestion as to what I need to to get the internet on the linux box up and running.

.: Thanks alot!!

:?

Stryker
scripter
scripter

Post by Stryker »

generally with windows when it shares the internet it uses 192.168.0.1 as its local ip. on your linux box, set the gateway address (in your network configuration) to 192.168.0.1 and and the linux machine's ip address to 192.168.0.X where X is an unused number on your network. Set the subnet mask to 255.255.255.0 and the dns servers to some generic ones (i use 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2), restart the network interface and u should be up.

orion78
user
user

Post by orion78 »

I was able to get the network up and running and would like to thank you for your help!!

:D