Discuss Programming
ZiaTioN
administrator
administrator

perlMan

Post by ZiaTioN » Tue May 24, 2005 4:14 pm

Tell me what you guys think.

perlMan

I came across an application called phpMan (Void uses it here on this site) which acts as a web interface to man, perldoc and info pages. I liked the idea and was looking for a new coding project so I decided to write my own in perl. I am still working on one last thing in the perldoc display as far as text formatting goes but the rest should be complete. This is not a simple perl port of phpMan although it may appear that way seeing how I coded in all the functionality of phpMan into perlMan. I managed to do this in about 200 lines less of code though. I don't have a header on it yet because I am waiting for SourceForge but that will soon be added also.

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main » Tue May 24, 2005 5:07 pm

Wow, very nice! Only one very tiny little thing I noticed. Your link that says "View Copyright" should probably say "View License" as the GPL is actually a license and not a copyright. Nice! I guess I will have to switch over from phpMan to perlMan.

ZiaTioN
administrator
administrator

Post by ZiaTioN » Tue May 24, 2005 5:26 pm

Ahh yes, good catch!

ZiaTioN
administrator
administrator

Post by ZiaTioN » Thu May 26, 2005 9:34 pm

It is final now and ready for use if anyone is interested. I changed a few things and finished some others.

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main » Thu May 26, 2005 10:16 pm

I'll have to replace my phpMan with this one next week.