uploading via PHP over SSL

Discuss Programming
Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:37 pm

Nope (database and web server would have nothing to do with session variables). I'm interested how you were able to test it on Linux. I wish I had a copy of the code to test. Can you add some debug statements to the ActionScript to verify that the "_strDomain" is set to what you think it is?

byrdman
administrator
administrator

Post by byrdman » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:16 pm

Before I reply, I do want to shout out to all the Veterans out there, past and present, ...THANK YOU!!
Didn't think communication between web and db would be hindered by SSL but I thought I would ask. I am at the point where I have tried so many times to figure it out today, that brain went numb.
I could post a copy of the code somewhere if you like, but I don't want to trouble anyone...
The reason I was able to test in linux is because the entire site is php and the database is mysql (minus the flex app, which is basically a gui to allow uploads. There was nothing hardcoded in the site or the db that isolated it to a M$ environment - at least not what I have found. I did notice that the site was A LOT faster compared to the wimp server that the site is currently running on.

As far as the strDomain that calls the upload.php...I commented out all those lines and it still uploaded through port 80, so I think my previous post is incorrect.

Is there a place to zip up and post some of the source files? Otherwise I have an FTP if interested.

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:30 pm

You got my email right? Send me an email.