Void Main made me god-like

Place to discuss anything, almost. No politics, religion, Microsoft, or anything else that I (the nazi censor) deem inappropriate.
worker201
guru
guru

Void Main made me god-like

Post by worker201 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:07 pm

I feel like an idiot when I ask questions here, since I'm always asking about stupid stuff. Of course I always learn a lot from the responses, and I have spent so much time Googling that I'm absorbing info like a sponge.

The other day, I was searching for BitTorrent info, and found somebody at http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/ who was having the same problem. After Void solved it for me, I went over there, registered, and shared the solution. Then, I started browsing around, and saw a ton of newbs who are having the same problems that I have had before and solved, or problems that Void has brought to my attention and solved. I went into a frenzy, replying to like 16 posts in a day, solving everyone's problems. Compared to most of the people over there, I'm like a guru!

It's unfortunate that not all Linux forums have a patient and ultra-knowledgeable demigod that presides over them and answers every post. Fortunately, Void's "disciples" are free to spread the word, and share what they have learned. I hope everyone takes advantage of the power they gain from this forum and uses it for good.

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:34 pm

Awesome! That's what this is all about. I guess it's time you get your own site going huh? :) I hung out at fedoraforums.org for a short while (couple of weeks maybe) until I just couldn't take it any more. :)

ZiaTioN
administrator
administrator

Post by ZiaTioN » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:00 pm

shhh!

Don't tell anyone about Void's site. Just feel lucky you are here and know about it! LOL... It is like a secret brotherhood that only accepts so many new members each year.

X11
guru
guru

Post by X11 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:02 am

I hope it never gets like that, but this is probably the most helpful Linux forum on the Internet. I usually refer friends here who want to switch that arn't too stupid to just waste our time.

Basher52
guru
guru

Post by Basher52 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:53 pm

X11 wrote: ...but this is probably the most helpful Linux forum on the Internet...
i sure agree with this :D
and the funny part, if we can say funny, is that its almost always Void that creates the answers, as the most threads ive read anyways.
This sure makes this "Mr.", for me anyways, a GOD
lol

B52

Ice9
guru
guru

Post by Ice9 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:04 pm

I remember on the other forum someone - I think it was MoR - once asked Void Main if his first name wasn't Linus :D

Jenda
programmer
programmer

Post by Jenda » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:57 am

Ice9: nice one!