these boards - login/display bug?

Place to discuss anything, almost. No politics, religion, Microsoft, or anything else that I (the nazi censor) deem inappropriate.
Calum
guru
guru

these boards - login/display bug?

Post by Calum » Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:28 pm

has nobody else noticed this yet? if you aren't logged into this site and you come to these forums, the topics look like they are several months old. then if you log in, the current topics are displayed, but you still aren't actually logged in. you have to log in a second time to actually become logged in and see the red threads you haven't read yet.

why is this? has nobody else noticed it yet? i can't believe i am the only one who has the browser fluch cookies on exit! is this a security feature or a bug? my phpbb board doesn't do this.

it would suggest casual visitors can't see topics more recent than june...

worker201
guru
guru

Post by worker201 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:46 pm

I have never noticed anything like that. When I visit, I am either autologgedin, or I log in immediately. Even when I do have to log in manually, it only takes one try before things are back to normal. I think you're just messed up.

Linux Frank
administrator
administrator

Post by Linux Frank » Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:18 pm

Nope - login everytime I intend to post, never found the behaviour you talk about. FC something and Firefox. Are you visiing the correct URL. If you visit on a redirected URL this can happen as you end up having to log in under the original URL and the correct URL, of course Void would have to answer this as it is his site.

Topics are often months old here though. There are still topics from 2004 heading some parts of the forum.

[edit - sight>site]

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:05 pm

What URL are you going to? You should be going to http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/forums/ If you are going to http://voidmain.is-a-geek.org/forums/ (or other domains) you will be hitting the forum DB on the machine on my cable connection. I moved voidmain.is-a-geek.net to another server several months back because I was having issues with my cable connection so yes, the other database is way old. As soon as they fix my stupid cable connection I will move ALL domains back to the machine on the cable connection and you should never see this again. When you log in it automatically switches you to the proper URL which if you are on the wrong server will put you on the right server. I guess I could sync the databases once a day so at least they are somewhat up to date.

Calum
guru
guru

Post by Calum » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:38 pm

i am not messed up.

yes void main, your solution makes sense. i think i tend to use kicks-ass to reach you.

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main » Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:17 pm

I started a daily database sync so it should never me more than a day out of date. :)