A new company being formed. 100% Linux.

Place to discuss anything, almost. No politics, religion, Microsoft, or anything else that I (the nazi censor) deem inappropriate.
bazoukas
programmer
programmer

A new company being formed. 100% Linux.

Post by bazoukas » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:05 am

As luck would have it, my roomates decided to open up their own company. It will be a multimedia company. They have rented their office space which is a nice retro looking 1200 square feet ware house right in the center of chicago.

By their own request, they wanted me to be the one who will setup their network. In addition, they told me they want to be 100% MS and MAC free (think Chicago as in a blue state :lol: ). I told them that it will be no problem what so ever, since the software (very expensive I might add) they need, like maya, are also ported in Linux.

The distro of choice for workstations and servers alike will either be, FC or Suse. I have yet to decide on that one.

So there you have it. People DO want to try something different. They just need someone to tell them and show them what is out there.

Oh! I switched their windows computer at home to debian and they have fallen head over hills with it. :D

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main » Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:01 pm

I don't know if Blue State has anything to do with it. I'm actually not happy about that since I am red (don't tell anyone). If it wasn't for those dang Chicagoans! :) At any rate, Red and Blue alike can join forces in the Open Source march. That is great news indeed! Hopefully I can help in some way, but I am sure you have things well under control!

Calum
guru
guru

Post by Calum » Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:01 am

again, i am never going to understand why red no longer means commies, and blue no longer means conservatives.

go back to the colour codes that the rest of the world understands! please!

and i think that's excellent about the new linux setup for this new company. i wish them well in their venture also.