OT: Got my digital camera - so far I love it!

Place to discuss anything, almost. No politics, religion, Microsoft, or anything else that I (the nazi censor) deem inappropriate.
Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

OT: Got my digital camera - so far I love it!

Post by Void Main »

The flash on my Sony Cybershot quit working so I've been looking for a new digital camera over the last couple of weeks. At first the Pentax Optio 60 caught my eye at Walmart. It is a 6MP camera with a 3x optical zoom and they had it for under $200. I thought that looked like a pretty good deal compared to the others they had on display. Only thing is, they didn't have any more left. I checked 3 other Walmart stores and all of them were out. So I decided to check Amazon to see what they had for prices. They were out too.

While on Amazon I decided to look over the reviews of that camera and other cameras. I found out that maybe the Pentax wasn't the best camera for me after all. I ran across some great reviews for the Panasonic Lumix LZ2 camera which could also be had for less than $200. The LZ2 is a 5MP camera but has a 6x optical zoom and a 24x digital zoom. If that's not cool enough it also has automatic image stabalization. I went ahead and ordered one from niceelectronics.com for $189 along with a 512MB SD card. I've only taken a few pictures and a short video clip with it since I opened the box a couple hours ago but I have to say that so far I am extremely pleased with the results I've gotten on my test shots. I would definitely have to recommend this camera!