LinuxWOrld and FUDCon Boston!

Place to discuss anything, almost. No politics, religion, Microsoft, or anything else that I (the nazi censor) deem inappropriate.
dishawjp
administrator
administrator

LinuxWOrld and FUDCon Boston!

Post by dishawjp »

Hi All.

I'd never attended a Linux conference or a Fedora Convention, but last week, both LinuxWorld and FUDCon were held in Boston MA, only about a five hour drive from where I live.

I was there last Thursday and Friday and had a heck of a lot of fun. I had the chance to meet and speak with people whom I'd only previously heard about and whose posts I'd read on the various forums. I got to meet several RedHat developers and participate in open discussions with them about various Linux topics. I had the opportunity to "test drive" the upcoming SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop with their 3D accelleration and some very different ways of configuring the Gnome desktop. Oh, and Gnome was represented as was KDE and all sorts of groups. And of course there were tons of people like me who were there to talk, look, learn (and grab lots of free T-shirts, hats, pens and etc.) about Linux.

After FUDCon there was FUDPub and that was all good too.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that if you ever get a chance to participate in something like this, you're just about guaranteed to have a great time.

Jim Dishaw

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main »

Cool Jim!