Has google lost it's db?

Place to discuss anything, almost. No politics, religion, Microsoft, or anything else that I (the nazi censor) deem inappropriate.
ZiaTioN
administrator
administrator

Has google lost it's db?

Post by ZiaTioN »

Is anyone else getting zero results for ANY search on google right now? Wonder what the deal is?

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main »

Nope, it's working for me.

ZiaTioN
administrator
administrator

Post by ZiaTioN »

hmmm...

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main »

If I didn't know any better I would say you are using that crappy Windows garbage. Here's what it looks like in Linux:

ZiaTioN
administrator
administrator

Post by ZiaTioN »

Weird, I just removed my cookies and then searched and it was fine. I then refreshed the search page that was just fine and then it went blank again. I removed the cookie again and searched again and it was fine again and then a second refreesh stayed fine. It appeasr to have been some sort of cookie corruption but seems better now.

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main »

I already told you what the problem was. ;)

ZiaTioN
administrator
administrator

Post by ZiaTioN »

Yeah yeah I know.

I have been considering installing the latest Debian on this laptop recently. In the past I have had lappys that did not have the greatest wireless chipsets so Linux would have been an issue without using something like DriverLoader which emulates Windows drivers anyway.

This laptop does have the Atheros chipset which is rumored to be very compatible with most vanilla installs of numerous distros so we will see.

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main »

Yeah, I think madwifi is part of the base Debian distro (unlike Fedora releases). I do have 5 laptops of my own all running Fedora though, just had to install the MadWifi module manually which isn't difficult at all. Getting wpa_supplicant working with it (for some semblance of privacy) is slightly more difficult but not much. Again, I think this all works with Debian right out of the box (well you might have to edit your wpa_supplicant config file if you use WPA, otherwise I think it's all done in a GUI).