Decent hosting?

Place to discuss anything, almost. No politics, religion, Microsoft, or anything else that I (the nazi censor) deem inappropriate.
ZiaTioN
administrator
administrator

Decent hosting?

Post by ZiaTioN »

I am looking for a cheap, but more importantly reliable web host for off site download hosting. I want to cname or subdomain to the hosting companies servers and host my videos on their servers using their bandwidth.

The problem is that most of the hosts I talk to are completely technically ignorant and if it doesn't fit into their little understanding of their forms then they are lost. I guess I am asking if anyone knows of a host that has decent speeds and large disk and monthly transfer quotas and at least knows what a cname or subdomain is.

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main »

akamai? :)

ZiaTioN
administrator
administrator

Post by ZiaTioN »

Is that who you work for? If so, what do you guys use (software/hardware) for DDoS detection and monitoring?

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main »

No, I don't work for akamai but they do handle all the big boys. We have been considering them for a few years but still haven't jumped on board. We do have a few OC3s for our web stuff but we don't do hosting. That's just for our business.