Web Based Project Tracking Software

Place to discuss anything, almost. No politics, religion, Microsoft, or anything else that I (the nazi censor) deem inappropriate.
ZiaTioN
administrator
administrator

Web Based Project Tracking Software

Post by ZiaTioN »

Anyone know of a decent project tracking system that will allow the creation and deletion of projects, assignment of project leads, ability for project notes to be entered and some sort of statistics generation on projects, along with other features?

I was thinking of writing one myself but do not want to re-create the wheel if there is already a decent one out there.

JoeDude
administrator
administrator

Post by JoeDude »

try here

Hotscripts

ZiaTioN
administrator
administrator

Post by ZiaTioN »

Thanks, but posting a link to hotscripts is just like saying "check sourceforge". Well not even as good because sourceforge is better. I am looking for something that someone has had experience with.

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main »

I had tried one out that I really liked a couple of years ago but am having a hard time remembering what the name of it was. It might have been more help desk oriented than project management now that I think about it.

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main »

This one looks extremely promising except that it's not web based:

http://www.taskjuggler.org/

It looks a lot like MS Project and does have XML/HTML export capability but isn't web based. Now a web version of that sort of like the MS Project server would be pretty cool, especially since it would work with something besides Internet Exploder. I think they have forums, I haven't done any searches to see if anyone is working on that. It might be worth asking your question there.

EDIT: Found someone on the forums working toward doing just that. Maybe you could contact this person and put your heads together:

http://www.taskjuggler.org/FUDforum2/in ... sg&th=2996

ZiaTioN
administrator
administrator

Post by ZiaTioN »

meh... Java... :-(

Looks like I may just write my own.