Free downloads from Calum! Quick!

Place to discuss anything, almost. No politics, religion, Microsoft, or anything else that I (the nazi censor) deem inappropriate.
Calum
guru
guru

Free downloads from Calum! Quick!

Post by Calum »

Hi again everybody,

I don't think i actually mentioned on this site the Democrazy2007.com competition which I have entered several songs into.

Anyway...

First of all, several people have complained that they can't download the tracks. I flagged this with the Democrazy 2007 website and they responded, in part, as follows:

"To cut a long story short, people with older machines and slow internet connections probably aren't allowing the page adequate time to load before clicking the download link in the player.
This problem will only have affected a very small number of visitors, but to ensure we cover this eventuality, users will now not see the download button until the track is ready to download. As a complete fail-safe, if the download script doesn't receive the correct credentials it will tell the user to wait until the page has fully loaded. No more page with '0' presented to the user!
I knew the problem couldn't be affecting too many users, given the difficulty I've had in recreating it. Hopefully we should see the back of these issues now."

So now you should be able to go back and download all the songs you weren't able to get before! good luck and get voting!

http://democrazy2007.com/listen.php?pag ... 9,30,27,28

Secondly, copied below is some information that might interest you about a Democrazy 2007 event which is being held in Edinburgh in May. I know many of you won't be anywhere near Edinburgh, but if you are, do pop along. I haven't been asked to play which either means I am not playing or that they haven't ot round to asking the performers if they are available yet, but it promises to be a good night, and it's free! It will also be broadcast as a webcast, so a few of you will hopefully be able to tune into that.

Until next time, all the best,

Calum...

=============

As the Democrazy 2007 competition draws towards its conclusion we are making preparations for a one-off pre-election Democrazy gig to celebrate the end of the initiative. The gig will be taking place at The Bongo Club in Edinburgh on the evening of Wednesday 2 May 2007, the night before the local and national elections in Scotland. This is your invitation.

We are working with Nexuslive and New Found Sound to put on what we hope can be an entertaining night for those who have submitted tracks to the competition and the general public. The show will be broadcast via live web-cast on www.nexuslive.com with all performance footage being made available to watch online for free. We also hope to be able to announce the winners of the Democrazy 2007 competition at the gig on the night in question as the online voting will have been completed by Friday 27 April.

In terms of the line-up for the gig, we will be showcasing some of the bands and artists who participated, drawing from a variety of musical genres. The evening will finish with a DJ set from Fresh Air FM during which a range of the uploaded tracks will be played, perhaps including your own. We want to use this gig as an opportunity to celebrate the quality of the music but also to reinforce the message about the importance of youth participation in the forthcoming elections. See the News section of the Democrazy 2007 site or the Democrazy MySpace site for more information about the event in due course.

The gig will take place from 8.30pm – 2am and entry is free. We expect it to be very busy and are hoping for a capacity audience, so arrive early to avoid disappointment. Whether you watch online or try to make it along for the live show, we hope it can be a night to remember.

Many thanks

Democrazy 2007

www.democrazy2007.com
(Click this link for information on the "News" page summarising how the final stage of the competition will work http://www.democrazy2007.com/news/article1.php)
www.myspace.com/democrazy2007
www.nexuslive.com
www.myspace.com/nexusliveshow
www.myspace.com/nfspromos