Does everyone know everything about Linux nowadays?

Place to discuss anything, almost. No politics, religion, Microsoft, or anything else that I (the nazi censor) deem inappropriate.
Basher52
guru
guru

Does everyone know everything about Linux nowadays?

Post by Basher52 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:07 am

It kinda feels like it since no one are asking any questions anymore
lol

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:50 am

Combination of a lot of things but I think you are mostly right. Everyone knows Linux now and there are a lot better places to find help. That's a good thing.

dishawjp
administrator
administrator

Post by dishawjp » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:54 am

Basher,

Far from it, but since I've been using Linux, about five years now, it's gotten so simple and reliable that I really don't have to know much any more. It just works and I just use it; at home, at work, for any computing needs I have :-)

Maybe it's been more than five years, I started with RH 6.2 and had PLENTY of questions. Without Voidmain's help and the help of others from this and a few other forums, I would never have made it. But I worked through the rest of the RHLreleases until RHL ended with RHL 9, and have run every Fedora version, but haven't had any real problems since maybe FC4 or so, except that on my "main" computer, I couldn' t install F7. But that did install just fine on another computer I have and it's still running on it.

I got my first laptop for Christmas. It said that it had something called Vista on it, but I tried the F8 live CD, it booted and everything worked out of the box including wireless and AIGLX so I just clicked "install" and of I went without a single problem. The only thing I regret there is I never got to see the Vista EULA so I could click on the "Do not Accept" button to see what happens. The first boot was with the F8 live CD and the second boot was during the install.

Of course this post will probably jinx everything and I'll be in it deep and come here begging for help within a week or so :-)

Jim

Buzza24
scripter
scripter

Post by Buzza24 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:30 pm

dishawjp wrote:Basher,
The only thing I regret there is I never got to see the Vista EULA so I could click on the "Do not Accept" button to see what happens.

Jim
I can tell you now, that its nothing special. LOL. Maybe they will one day include a big sign exclaiming "F**K YOU" when denying the licence agreement, but this release wasn't it.

Basher52
guru
guru

Post by Basher52 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:20 am

we can only hope that void main never stop using it and shuts this place down. This is the only place I really got good help. He's da man I say

Buzza24
scripter
scripter

Post by Buzza24 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:14 am

True that!

I have learnt so much from VoidMain. Its amazing that you, Void, have the time to share your knowledge.