Aussie-Land Internet Filtering

Place to discuss anything, almost. No politics, religion, Microsoft, or anything else that I (the nazi censor) deem inappropriate.
Buzza24
scripter
scripter

Aussie-Land Internet Filtering

Post by Buzza24 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:56 pm

I'm not too sure how many people in this forum are from Australia but it has been a popular and overwhelming topic in the Tech news for some time now. Members of the Rudd Governement are developing an internet censorship network to control and ban "unwanted" being viewed.
http://www.news.com.au/technology/stor ... 39,00.html

It has been accepted by a wide range of the public that it is a bad idea and will slowly turn our country into replica of communist China where they have extream censoring systems.

Preliminary Tests of the system show up to 70% decreasing in internet speeds, which is devestating as our networks are already the slowest in the world.

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:32 pm

Is this site on the "unwanted" list?

X11
guru
guru

Post by X11 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:13 pm

It will be interesting whenever an exploit is found in the filter and hackers manage to black-out the entire Australian internet.

Don't blame me, I voted Liberal!

This is what you get when you vote for shallow rhetoric about "Fresh leadership." This policy of filtering has been on the labor website since before the election. It's exactly why I voted against these lunatics.

Still, as a Randroid, I know this like most Government intervention will be absolutely impotent. I can always just VPN to my server in the US and go around the filter.