Creative Ads for Linux

Place to discuss anything, almost. No politics, religion, Microsoft, or anything else that I (the nazi censor) deem inappropriate.
byrdman
administrator
administrator

Creative Ads for Linux

Post by byrdman » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:32 am

I would love to see the submissions for this:

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/opens ... ag=nl.e011

I have kind of a good idea that could get carried away:

Picture the PC/MAC commercials that we all have seen. You have the PC guy and the MAC guy arguing about something stupid. Then you have a booming voice come from the sky. Its the voice of (To keep beliefs and religion out of this forum, please insert your choice of omnipotent deity here)
The voice starts talking to the PC and MAC guy about how both of you were created out of the likes of ME(the chosen deity). Then the Voice goes on and talks about how open source is good and is to be shared and not used for commercial greed and so forth. Then while 'the Voice' is condemning the two, the camera floats back to above the stage, and you have a penguin talking through a microphone, standing on the shoulders of more penguins.(similar to the wizard in 'The Wizard of OZ'.

I may try and submit something like this....any other funny ideas? I would like the voice of Don LaFontaine, but may he RIP. But then I was thinking about Morgan Freeman or James Earl Jones.

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:32 am

Didn't they already have some Linux spoofs of those commercials? I could have swore there were a few a couple years back.

byrdman
administrator
administrator

Post by byrdman » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:04 pm

I never saw them...I thought the PC/Mac commercials with the Mac guy from Die Hard 4 were fairly new. Oh well, still think they would be fun to watch. Let me know if you find the spoofs...