my article about gnu/linux' history

Place to discuss anything, almost. No politics, religion, Microsoft, or anything else that I (the nazi censor) deem inappropriate.
Calum
guru
guru

my article about gnu/linux' history

Post by Calum »

here's my article. i know it's rootatoot tooting a bit on my own trumpet to start a whole new topic about it here and all that but well i've done it now.

what do you think of what i have said and what i have not said. is there anything that should have been left out, anything that should be included or anything (especially) that i have said that is WRONG? (for example i am not sure if what i said about the state of minix (regarding licencing) and bsd (regarding availability and possibly licencing) at the time of linux' inception is correct).

X11
guru
guru

Post by X11 »

Thats a really good article.

If/When I meet you in person, I owe you a free beer.

I liked the way it seems to fill everything in that most people want to know, and it was still short (well compared to the other Free Software History peices out there)

You should be a Journo.

Panos
user
user

Post by Panos »

X11 wrote:Thats a really good article.

If/When I meet you in person, I owe you a free beer.

I liked the way it seems to fill everything in that most people want to know, and it was still short (well compared to the other Free Software History peices out there)

You should be a Journo.
That's a really well-written article indeed and I'm honoured that Calum posted it on the promote-opensource.org page. He should be a journalist alright. :)

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main »

Very nice, good job Calum!

X11
guru
guru

Post by X11 »