Online man pages

Place to discuss anything, almost. No politics, religion, Microsoft, or anything else that I (the nazi censor) deem inappropriate.
Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Online man pages

Post by Void Main »

I added online man pages to the site. Makes reading man pages a little nicer.

Calum
guru
guru

Post by Calum »

nice. how do you find so much time to spend on the internet? by my reckonings you are on day and night! :shock:

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main »

Calum wrote:nice. how do you find so much time to spend on the internet? by my reckonings you are on day and night! :shock:
Well the Internet pretty much is my business and the stuff I add to this site (like the man page script) took all of about 10 minutes to install. In fact downloading/installing/configuring this forum software took maybe 15 minutes. This site is just a tiny little side project for fun. So there really isn't as much time involvement as you might think. Now reading/posting to the other forums, that is time intensive.

TheQuirk
programmer
programmer

Post by TheQuirk »

Thanks! Whenever I'm trying to find a man page to send to someone or I don't have access to the man pages, I always endup typing in "man <command>" in google.com and get a Mac OS X man page (grrr...)--now I can just go to your site! Hooray!

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main »

No problem. It's a simple PHP script called phpMan.php that you can add to your own site. I think I got it from phpbuilders. There's a show source button at the bottom of the page if you want to get more information about it or worst case, just cut/paste the source.

X11
guru
guru

Post by X11 »

I made my own once.

It was very boring compared to phpman one.