Bad Hub

Place to discuss anything, almost. No politics, religion, Microsoft, or anything else that I (the nazi censor) deem inappropriate.
Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bad Hub

Post by Void Main » Sat Sep 06, 2003 8:36 pm

It's been pretty quiet around here. I just noticed I had a bad hub outside of my firewall/gateway. It's been pretty slow and I thought it was my provider but I just noticed I had millions of frame errors on all interfaces that were plugged into that hub. I removed it for now and will have to pick up a new one. Sorry if this was causing anyone problems. Hopefully it will speed up a little.

Calum
guru
guru

Post by Calum » Sun Sep 07, 2003 3:41 am

you did go offline for a few hours the other day, i can't figure out why it's so quiet here! for some reason those microsuck forums are thriving! (sadly it's often off topic drek there, which is why i prefer here) - the other linux forum i frequent has been pretty quiet too sadly.

SuSELinux
user
user

Post by SuSELinux » Sun Sep 07, 2003 5:15 am

This is a Linux support forum, Linux is so advanced that we need less and less help :D HAH!

besides the Forum that shall not be named is never about anything, it just turns into a war of opnions. Someone says something outlandish and then everyone pounces, they love it, Bloody children I tell yah.

This place will pick up soon, I know it :D

Master of Reality
guru
guru

Post by Master of Reality » Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:06 pm

Calum wrote:you did go offline for a few hours the other day, i can't figure out why it's so quiet here! for some reason those microsuck forums are thriving! (sadly it's often off topic drek there, which is why i prefer here) - the other linux forum i frequent has been pretty quiet too sadly.
oh yea... i'm a mod there arent i.... perhaps i should visit that site a tab more often.

Linux Frank
administrator
administrator

Post by Linux Frank » Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:24 pm

Linux users are a tad smarter than the average bear, and more independant minded. They do not need to ask for help every five seconds, they want pointers. And it is summer, who wants to spend summer on their computer, not me.<off topic> ohhh...my screen flickered and got that jaundiced shade of yellow...It's gonna blow soon I can feel it in me bones <on topic>. Besides you know how it is : those with nothing to say, usually have to say it louder and more often than anyone else. Hence silly forums get more posts.

And while I'm rabbiting about nothing in particular, does anyone know a good place that sells parts to build your own LAPTOP.

Webdiggity
scripter
scripter

Post by Webdiggity » Mon Sep 15, 2003 8:07 pm

That's what I like about this site. Folks don't try to baffle you with their Linux knowledge (which is a huge amount, by the way).

I stated up front that I like to figure things out on my own. Whenever I ask a question about how to do something, one of the gurus posts a message like 'Look at this link." or "This website will help you". I love that. You can't really learn something by having someone fix your problem for you. :)

You guys have been great to me and I appreciate it. I've got my little box running with a local webserver, php, mysql and phpmyadmin installed. I learned to do it on my own but with your help. Thanks

My two cents.
Webby

Linux Frank
administrator
administrator

Post by Linux Frank » Tue Sep 16, 2003 7:36 am

Spread the love man.