Free email hosts...

Place to discuss anything, almost. No politics, religion, Microsoft, or anything else that I (the nazi censor) deem inappropriate.
Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Free email hosts...

Post by Void Main »

Does anyone know of any Linux related free web based email hosts (like "linuxmail.org")? Linuxmail.org has really been giving me troubles...

bazoukas
programmer
programmer

Post by bazoukas »

I did some Searching on Greek Linux communities and I found this Void

http://www.mail.gr/email.fcgi?type=english.

I gave you the English version of their web site.

Am gonna do some more searching.

bazoukas
programmer
programmer

Post by bazoukas »

http://www.netsurfer.gr/index.php?newlang=english

http://www.dinonet.net/Email/

those are the other I managed to find so far.

Hope it helps.

Linux Frank
administrator
administrator

Post by Linux Frank »

You been having troubles there too? It has gotten really slow of late.

You may be interested in this article. It will not be easy finding another service...maybe.

Scrapping free e-mail

Linux Frank
administrator
administrator

Post by Linux Frank »

And I found this one. might be good.

http://www.linuxwaves.com/FREE_Email/

Calum
guru
guru

Post by Calum »

yeah?
i noticed it was fairly slow but have had no huge problems that i haven't encountered at every other free email provider. i plan to stick with linuxmail.org until they start charging (as so many of the best free email providers have done).

My sister told me a couple of months ago that her one was rejecting incoming emails even though she was nowhere near using up her quota of space, but i and my girlfriend haven't noticed any huge problems. with linuxmail.org.

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main »

Bah, I just created a YaHoo account. Been a day now and no spam yet but I'm sure it will start rolling in. At least they are pretty reliable.

TheQuirk
programmer
programmer

Post by TheQuirk »

You can get a POP3 account from Belg88.com with a webbased front-end for free from a certain guy who is extremly nice (well, me :D). Although I doubt you want to taint your good name with such a horrid site such as mine (I just reread the content on it, and I noticed my last two updates were done terribly...).

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main »

Thanks for the offer Quirk! I'll keep that in mind. It seems linuxmail.org is behaving well again and I still have not received a single spam message in my YaHoo mailbox. That has to be a new record as that is *all* I get in my other YaHoo mailbox that I've had since YaHoo started!

X11
guru
guru

Post by X11 »

I think i seen somthing to do with Linuxmail on /. which could have made it slow.

Yahoo is pretty good with not having spam.

Linux Frank
administrator
administrator

Post by Linux Frank »

I use Yahoo and Lycos, as well as linuxmail, as long as you are sensible with your e-mail, like me, you should be relatively spam free (five in lycos and zero in yahoo since I set them up), unlike many other services where you are spammed from day one.

Calum
guru
guru

Post by Calum »

i get nigerian money laundering emails in my linuxmail.org inbox but only occasionally, and i can always block them. i think it's my fault anyway, i am sure i posted my email address with no obfuscation on some forum way back when :?

Panos
user
user

Post by Panos »

I don't remember having any problems with linuxmail or Yahoo. The latter is great when it comes to spam mail. :)

ThePreacher
scripter
scripter

Post by ThePreacher »

Ok void main all knowing linux master. You told me you owned a domain name or two, and you have a webserver, and you are really good with linux, so why dont you start your own mail server. Ive been thinking about doing this myself.

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main »

I do have several domains, and I run several mail servers, and I have several email addresses that come into my private mailbox, and have many customers who I provide mail services for. However, "Void Main" is an anonymous side of me and I want anonymous email to go with it. If I use email accounts from my own servers that would sort of give things away. I certainly don't have anything to hide but I am a little more free willed as "Void Main" and if I CeNsOrEd anyone off I don't want them coming to the "real" me. :)