Does anyone know anything about this Site/IP address?

Place to discuss anything, almost. No politics, religion, Microsoft, or anything else that I (the nazi censor) deem inappropriate.
Panos
user
user

Post by Panos »

Void Main wrote:
Panos wrote:Who exactly are you refering to void main? I hope that it's not me! :shock:
Heh heh, if I was referring to you, you never would have been able to post that message, and wouldn't be able to read this one. But if you are in charge of http://www.turnitin.com/ then yes, I would be referring to you. But I am pretty sure that is not the case. :)
Yes, I'm pretty sure that's not the case myself. :lol:

Linux Frank
administrator
administrator

Post by Linux Frank »

Hi void,

Just to follow through, I received an unsolicited e-mail today in the account I used on this forum. The e-mail, which I deleted and can't retrieve, was an offer for a digital camera. Now as I get spam messages basically never, I thought this a little strange. So I just want to know if anyone else got this one today, then you would know it is a spambot that has been atacking you.

Void Main
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Void Main »

Linux Frank, not sure if it would have been from a spambot on this site but I haven't received a single spam in my yahoo account since opening it. Now I have started getting a stupid work at home and make money in my Linuxmail account. I believe what this means is, if it was from a spambot on this site then it would be the first one I listed in this thread.

I have since created a robots.txt file which should keep the bots out of the forums. The problem is, I have a feeling naughty spambots ignore this file. As I said, I'll block their IP addresses as I find them but there really isn't much that can be done on any forum if you have your profile set to display your email address. Now, I say call your script kiddie friends and blast that address at the beginning of this thread.

Linux Frank
administrator
administrator

Post by Linux Frank »

I'm not too worried, I have been expecting an increase, it's been a year and five pieces of spam, and I use that e-mail address on all forums. The only reason I posted, was if everyone gets the same piece, then you would know.